Our Weekly Newsletter
Catch up on what's happening and plan ahead.
Weekly newsletter | 01-27-2023
Announcements Friday, January 27, 2023
- We invite everyone to join us for our worship service this Sunday, January 29, 11:00 am – Rev. Larry Schenk, preaching. All are welcome. Invite your friends!
- Children’s Sunday School begins about 11:15 a.m., immediately following the Children’s Moment in our Worship Service.
- Adult Sunday School begins at 10:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. We invite everyone to join us for this time of fellowship as Pastor Larry guides our discussion and Bible study. This is a wonderful time to meet new friends, to become better acquainted with current friends, and to grow in our understanding of what the Bible means in our lives today.
There will be a Congregational Meeting immediately following the Worship Service this Sunday, January 29. The purposes of this meeting will be to (1) elect members to the Pastor Nominating Committee and (2) to hear a report from the Officer Nominating Committee regarding the election of Elders. All members of the church are encouraged to attend this important meeting.
Pastor Larry Schenk’s door in the Pastor’s Study will be open to anyone who wishes to visit during his office hours:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m – Noon
Monday – Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary
Pastor Schenk is reachable by phone at any time. His phone number is 423-488-6533
Soup-er Bowl Sunday:
On Sunday, February 12, we will have our annual “Soup-er Bowl” Luncheon, immediately following the 11:00 worship service. All are invited to attend this fun time of sharing a meal and fellowship!
As in years past, we encourage everyone to bring some cans of soup, which we will collect and donate to local Food Pantries. The church’s Member Care Committee will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, drinks, and dessert.
Members and friends are invited to bring chips, dips, and any other side dishes to go with burgers and hot dogs. You may sign up to bring something following church this Sunday. (Everyone is welcome! – You do not need to bring anything.)
Please pick up a box of offering envelopes at the table in the back of the church, near the door. In the front of each box, you will find an envelope for our “per capita.” The per capita is the amount each PC(USA) church pays per person to support the work and mission of our denomination’s General Assembly and each presbytery. Peace Covenant will pay $36.90 for each member. Your donation to our per capita will allow Peace Covenant to pay our share without having to use funds we budget for our missions and other important work of our church. We greatly appreciate your support and generosity to Peace Covenant Presbyterian Church!
Please pray for:
• Owen (Virginia Cunningham’s great-grandson)
• Beth Childress
• Naomi Fritz
• All people experiencing violence, war, hunger, or homelessness
• Trinity Presbyterian Church
Want more information?
Pastor Daniel writes and posts a weekly newsletter that keeps members and friends of the congregation up-to-date. His earlier newsletters are also online, so if you missed something, check those past editions.
- About Key West
- About Us
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Baptisms & Weddings
- Choir & Bells
Welcome to Peace Covenant
Peace Covenant Presbyterian Church | 2610 Flagler Ave., Key West, FL 33040 | (305) 294-1223 | firstname.lastname@example.org